5 Simple Rules…To Dating With Food Allergies
1. Always be upfront about your allergies and the effect that they have on you. Sure, it is an uncomfortable conversation to have with someone you might have just met, but it is necessary.
2. Tell your significant other where you keep your EpiPen and teach them how to use it properly.
3. Take part in choosing any restaurants where you will dine. This way you can review the menu online and call ahead to discuss your food allergies, which will save you time on the actual date.
4. Make sure your date understands that if they eat your allergen, they will need to brush their teeth and wait about 4 hours to kiss you.
5. If your significant other is constantly making jokes about your allergies, be aware: they might not be the one for you. Food allergies are serious and need to be treated as such.